Brief Profile: My research focuses on politics of water as politics of perspectives in the light of commons, commodity and human rights perspective. The specialization is borne out of diverse but interrelated approaches to the study of ‘politics of water’ viz. its conceptual understanding, policy debates, social movements to name a few. My M.Phil dissertation was on ‘Privatization of Water: Contextualizing the Contemporary Debates in India’.
By associating with the forum, I intend to work on rivers of eastern U.P. and Bihar. The major focus will be on dying rivers and how is affecting/changing the water culture in that region.
List of Publications:
• Arsenic Poisoning of Water and Rampant Cancer Outbreaks in North India’ in September, 2017, The New Leam, ISSN 2455-4936, available at http://thenewleam.com/2017/09/arsenic-poisoning-water-rampant-cancer-outbreaks-north-india/
• Cracking Earth: Widespread Water Woes in Gorakhpur’ in July, 2017, The New Leam, ISSN 2455-4936, available at http://thenewleam.com/2017/07/cracking-earth-widespread-water-woes-in-gorakhpur/
• Are we serious about our rivers’ in The Pioneer (Op-Ed), 30th March, 2017, available at http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/oped/are-we-serious-about-our-rivers.html
• Money can’t buy the Elixir of Life’ in The Pioneer (Op-Ed), 29th April, 2016, available at http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/oped/money-cant-buy-elixir-of-life.html
• An article titled ‘Pani Kitna Pani Hai’ in Jansatta (Cover Story in Ravivari, Sunday edition of the newspaper), 1st November 2015, New Delhi edition.
• A peer reviewed Review essay titled Prakritik Sansadhano ki Rajniti: Samkaleen Bahsen in Pratiman (a biannual social science journal published by CSDS) in July-December, 2014, Vol. 2, Issue 2, Vani Prakashan, New Delhi, pp. 677-682, ISSN 2320-8201
• An article published on India Water Portal (2012), title of the paper Plachimada against Coke: People’s Struggle for Water (published by SOPPECOM), available at http://www.conflicts.indiawaterportal.org/node/147